So, you’ve got a lovely website already – but just how good is it? If you’d like an expert opinion on whether your website is doing all it should be, I offer two different levels of analysis to suit your needs – and your budget.
Although I have a core list of areas that I check during each website review, this isn’t a box-ticking exercise. Your website is unique, and so is my analysis: I’ll browse the whole website and let you know about anything which I think could be improved.
As a result of the many recommendations and suggestions made in the review… I can honestly say both website traffic and enquiries have increased substantially.
-Dr Bryony Bamford, The London Centre
1. The Webscape Health Check
This is a relatively quick and simple check of how your website performs. It’ll provide an overview of your website’s main strengths and weaknesses, by analysing key areas such as content and design. My recommendations will include ‘quick wins’ and content changes as well as longer-term development ideas.
If you have a small budget but want to know if you could make some simple changes to improve your website, this is an ideal option for you.
- Content & SEO: I’ll check things like the quality and style of the copy, images and audio/video on your website, and how well your content is structured. I’ll also check how your site performs in online searches and highlight ways you could make it easier to find.
- Design: I’ll assess the visual impact of your website, see how easy it is to find my way around, and check how it works on different browsers and devices.
- Social: If applicable, I’ll look at how you interact with users of your website, whether that’s comments on your blog or a Facebook feed. Note that at this level I’ll only look at content within your main website, not all your individual social media locations (e.g. Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc).
- Shop: If applicable, I’ll check your purchasing process, from the ease of finding products, helpfulness of product descriptions etc, all the way to checkout (although I probably won’t actually buy anything, sorry!)
What I need from you:
Actually, nothing but a URL. But I can give a better report if you tell me a bit up front about who your website is aimed at and what you want it to achieve.
What does it cost?
The Health Check review costs just £200 – and if you commission some work from me as a result of the review, you could get up to half of that amount back!
I’ve just opened your email [with the review document]. Brilliant, Alice, I’m so excited. Excellent value.
– John Hill, Oxford Row Coach
2. Full Website Audit
If you want a fuller report, backed up by stats and figures, then this could be a better option for you.
I’ll cover all the areas discussed above in more depth.
I’ll also conduct tailored analysis, based on what you want to know about your website. For example, the report could include comparisons with other websites so you can see how you fit into your marketplace, analysis of your page statistics to highlight specific areas for improvement, or page-by-page content and SEO recommendations.
What I need from you:
- I need to understand what you hope to get from your website, so I start by having a detailed chat about what you want to learn. I’ll then tailor the report to answer these questions.
- I’ll need access to your website statistics – ideally through Google Analytics but if you use a different stats package, I’ll do my best with that too.
- Depending what you want to know, I may suggest other ways of collecting feedback from and about your website users – for example, via an online poll, emailed survey or by introducing new types of user tracking on your website.
What does it cost?
This is a bespoke service, so the price will depend on what you need. If you’re interested, please send an email or give me a call on 01235 887614 for a no-commitment chat.
Request a review
If you’re interested in booking a review, please fill in the form below and I’ll get back to you within two working days to confirm.